I have been selected for not one, but two blog awards by the exceptionally good-looking, talented and witty illustrator and writer, Thomas Taylor of That Elusive Line. (Well I know, but if you are going to do nepotism you might as well go the whole hog) Seriously though, thank you, Thomas, it’s a great start to the week.
This elevation does come with its own responsibilities though, which are as follows,
1. Copy and paste the pretty picture which you see above onto your own blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
5. Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6. Notify your 7 bloggers.
Firstly though, I have to spill the beans, so here goes…
- The real me is actually just like Donna in’ Mamma Mia’, I just keep it well hidden.
- I have an ironing pile the size of a small Alp, but I’d much rather iron and fold pieces of patchwork fabric.(and then arrange them in colour co-ordinated piles and photograph them)
- I waste far too much time playing ‘Bejewelled’ on FaceBook.
- I am a closet Trekkie. Star Trek –The Next Generation for me, and Jean Luc Picard is mine, all mine.
- In an ideal world I would have a room full of shoes, ‘Sex in the City shoes’, the higher the better. (In this world I have duff knees and wear Crocs and Fitflops)
- I read diet books while eating chocolate digestives.
- I fight a daily battle against procrastination (and invariably lose)
After much deliberation I would like to give my seven awards (in no particular order) to:
Celia at Purple Podded Peas – talented print maker and gardener, with furry studio assistants and feathered under-gardeners.
Vanessa at Do You Mind if I Knit – colourful and chatty, nice with a cup of tea
Gina at Fan My Flame – Textile artist working on Art degree, a similar direction to the one I’ve taken
Geraldine and Jessamy at Smitonius and Sonata – Mother and daughter collaboration, on my wave length.
Lucy at Attic 24 – for a colour infusion
Teena at Kitschen Pink – Was my very first ‘commenter’ when I had just dipped my toe in the water. Teena’s colourful blog inspired me to continue.
Jane at Jane and the ducks – a little taste of ‘French chic’
These are the rules for the Superior Scribbler Award:
1.Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2.Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3.Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4.Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5.Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Rachel at Slow Lane Life – witty and amusing writing, lovely photos
Warda at 64sq ft Kitchen – beautiful evocative writing and delicious recipes
Tania at Myrtle and Eunice – Family life and Stitching in Australia
Knitting Iris – Knitting, Stitching and self sufficiency in Montana, Beautiful photos
Kate at Greedy for Colour Crafting in New Zealand
This was all quite daunting when I started trying to sort it all out. (Thomas cheated- I thought he was better brought up than that! but it did mean I got two awards so I can’t complain) For me it’s actually been a good way to say thank you to these nominated bloggers for adding an extra dimension to my days, and aiding that procrastination habit!
Filed under: Uncategorized | 11 Comments »